The EOS.Web Enterprise Reference Tracking tracks and coordinates research requests ranging from short, factual requests to time-consuming reference questions, promoting a high level of research service continuity.
The EOS.Web Enterprise Reference Tracking module promises to:
- Automatic entry of the Completed Date can be enabled to complete the request when an email is sent to requestors.
- Reference requests may be submitted via email or forwarded to the Inbox automatically when the request is submitted via OPAC Discovery.
- Reference Tracking Inbox:
- Inactivity can be monitored
- Automatic creation of reference tracking records for new requests
- A collapsible dashboard allows at-a-glance views of the email list by read status
- Users with restricted views see only emails applicable to them
- Provide the ability to determine the status of a reference request at any time
- Improve service and efficiencies
- Prevent the duplication of research work
- Ensure answers are provided in a timely manner
- Enable the creation of a knowledge base of reusable answers
- Ensure that all relevant reference information is entered
- Reduce the burden associated with tracking reference requests
- Provide concise information on the library’s request handling operations
- Provide efficiencies for all types and sizes of libraries